See how many you can guess before reading the answer key at the bottom of the page!
1. Tea helps
a. Lower blood pressure
b. Lower cholesterol
c. Decrease your chance of heart attack, stroke, and cardiovascular disease
d. All of the above
2. There is a special term used for the uncurling process of tea leaves when hot water is poured over them. It is called
a. "the dance of the sister leaves"
b. "girls gone wild"
c. "the agony of the leaves"
3. Pu-erh is an aged, fermented tea that traditionally is supposed to be
a. Stomped on with bare feet before steeping
b. Steeped in cold water
4. Post WWII black tea had become the most popular tea in the US but in the 1800's__________ tea was the most consumed tea in America.
5. Earl Grey tea is flavored with bergamot oil. Bergamot is
a. A South African flower
b. A citrus fruit that grows in Italy
c. A medicinal herb that relieves headaches
6. Because tea absorbs moisture it is important to store it
a. In the freezer
b. Under the bathroom sink
c. In the refrigerator
d. In an airtight container
7. Tea bags were invented in 1908 in
b. Sri Lanka
8. All tea whether black, green, oolong, white, purple, or pu-er
a. Is grown under shading tarps
b. Is pan fired or steamed
c. Comes from the same plant
d. Is fermented
e. Is oxidized
9. Oolong teas can be brewed
a. At boiling point
b. In a coffee pot
c. Up to 3 times
10. The art of reading tea leaves is called